From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:02:42 -0500
Please excuse cross postings

The Campbell Center for Historic Preservation Studies is pleased to
announce the electronic availability of its 1998 course catalog. The
catalog can be found at: http:\\www.campbellcenter.org.

The Center is a non-profit organization which offers a program of
mid-career training for museum
staff in collections care. Courses are offered from mid-May through
mid-October, and range in length from the 4 week long Core-Curricula in
collections care to shorter, more specialized courses dealing with single
types of material (textiles, photographs, works on paper, &tc.) or one
aspect of museum operations (mount making, matting, packing & shipping
museum collections, computerized collections record management, &tc.)

Conservation Refresher Courses are available for practicing conservators,
as well.

Thanks to the support of IMLS, NEH, Friends of Campbell Center and the
Midwest Museums Conference, the Center is able to offer scholarships for
most of the courses offered. Those wishing a paper copy of the current
course catalog or to be added to the mailing list may contact the Center
at:

Campbell Center
P.O. Box 66
Mt. Carroll, IL 61053-0066
USA
Phone: 815-244-1173
Fax: 815-244-1619

Diane Gutenkauf
Chair, Midwest Registrars Committee
Curator, Elmhurst Historical Museum
120 E. Park Avenue
Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA

Voice: +(630) 833-1457
  Fax: +(630) 833-1326
Email: [log in to unmask]

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those
of any institution with which I am affiliated.