From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:56:58 -0700
At 10:21 AM 1/21/97, Leslie Johnston wrote:
>Sender:       Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Leslie Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Are you using database back-ends?
>
>Please forgive the cross-posting.
>
>I am mediating a session on the delivery of databases via the web at the
>"Museums and the Web" conference, and, in part for my own information, I
>would like to know how many of you are providing database access via
>your web sites.  I would like to know, if you don't mind sharing:
>
>What platform server?
>What server software?
>Which database engine?
>What content is being delivered?  (object catalog, book catalog,
>subject-related meta data etc?)

Hello Leslie,

This is an easy set of questions to answer:

We are using a Macintosh server running Webstar which is serving a
Filemaker Pro database of stream sample data from around the state of New
Mexico from 1990-1995. We still have not integrated the 1996 data.

If you want to check it out, the URL is:

http://www.nmmnh-abq.mus.nm.us/nmmnh/werp.html

--john

John Chadwick
Working from home