From:
Allan Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:11:13 -0800
I developed a tour at a musuem in Hawaii that had part of the tour
outside...used Sony walkman style recorders with headsets made by
Antenna Audio Tours, and lost only one over several years.  The reason
for so few losses is that the units have a sealed nicad battery unlike a
normal walkman that can only be recharged in a special recharger that is
supplied by Antenna.  So, it would do no good to take the unit without
the ability to use it in the future.  A very good system that now uses a
CD player in the same manner.

Allan Palmer
Curator, San Diego Aerospace Museum