From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 01:21:04 -0400
Greetings.

The museum and archives I work for are currently in the process of
deaccessioning materials that no longer meet (or never have met) our
mandate. During discussions of appropriate venues for deaccessioning these
items, the subject of on-line auctions came up.

We are looking for feedback from the museum community regarding the
appropriateness of on-line auctions, such as eBay. Our first impressions
were that this would be an ideal solution -- providing a world-wide
audience of potential bidders. However, maybe we missed something?

Any and all comments are welcome, both on and off the list. I will
circulate them to the curator and director for discussion.

Thanks,
Megan Springate

Museum-L" (without the quotes).