From:
Doug Hoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 19:30:29 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, ck1 <[log in to unmask]> says:

>I am looking for any information regarding museum restaurants and any
>potential dangers associated with restaurant facilities within a museum.
>
>Thank you.

People may become confused and start to eat the exhibits.

Seriously, if you plan it out, and make sure kids don't bring
food out of the food area, the only draw-back is people staying
longer in your museum. Oh yeah, you'll get complaints about the
food and prices.

Your architects should be able to ensure that smoke, grease fumes, smells,
etc. are adequately vented away from the galleries. Presumable your
conservation
people have detailed condition reports so that the museum would know if
any deterioration occurred.

You will also have a big fight with the curators when the museum decides
to rent out for weddings and bar mitzvahs. Bottoms-up!

Doug Hoy              Evaluation           National Museum of
[log in to unmask]              &              Science & Technology
(613)998-6863v         Research       P.O.Box 9724, Station T
(613)990-3654f                          Ottawa K1G 5A3 CANADA
**Opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by the NMSTC**