From:
Travis Nygard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:26:20 -0600
The College Art Association, which is the professional organization
for academic artists and art historians in the US, published an
article a few years ago that introduces some of the issues.

"Q: I am an artist who uses images of other works of art in my own
creations. What legal risks might I face when using
(&ledquo;appropriating”) artworks made by others in my own?"

http://www.collegeart.org/ip/qa7.html

All the best,

Travis

--