From:
George Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:18:31 -0700
--- Susan English <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We are looking for a scanner that can scan oversized materials up to
> 11 by
> 17.
>

> Any suggestions out there?  We have a budget of $2000.
>

> Susan English
>
> Joliet Area Historical Museum
>
> Joliet, Illinois
========================================================>

Susan,

My recommendation for a large format scanner would be the Microtek
9800XL

http://www.microtekusa.com/sm9800xltma.html

I've been using the previous version, the 9600XL for several years and
it performs like a dream. This new model looks even better, but I just
can't justify the cost to upgrade. If you need to scan transparent
media, the TMA adapter works very well also, for large format
negatives, positives, lantern slides, etc.

It's also within your budget, which is also nice.

Feel free to call me if you need more info, hope this helps,

regards,

George

George Schwartz
ConservArt - Master Frame Makers and Art Conservators
http://www.ConservArt.com
8177 Glades Road #16 - Boca Raton, FL 33434 U.S.A.
Tel:(561)482-7292 - Fax:(561)482-6787
mailto:[log in to unmask]

*** Tired of Spam? Checkout Email Defense!

http://www.lanechange.net/html/email_defense.shtml