From:
Martha Mayberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 09:49:11 -0400
Please excuse any cross posting.

The Mint Museum of Art is in the process of renovating the old Montaldo's
building (upscale women's clothing store) into the Mint Museum of Craft and
Design.  It is scheduled to open in 1999.  I would like to talk with US
colleagues that have recently gone through this and survived!  I have
questions regarding the latest and greatest in fire suppression, HVAC,
collections storage design and equipment (collection focus will be
contemporary studio crafts of clay, wood, fiber and glass), tips and
pointers in working with architects, pitfalls to avoid, just to name a few.
Please respond off-list, so I may contact you individually to hear all the
details.  I thank you in advance.
Martha Tonissen Mayberry
Registrar, Mint Museum of Art
2730 Randolph Road