From:
Elizabeth Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:13:44 -0700
We have 2 items rotating off exhibit which are too large for our storage
configuration - a 26' section of historic wooden canal pipe and a 19' early
20th c. ranch sign. Currently our storage is configured with space saver
compact mobile shelving and several steel furniture bins with structural
supports that prevent one from laying these items flat across the entire
unit. Are there ways to safely store such items from ceiling or wall mounted
supports -- I know I've seen boats and other such items stored this way in
other museums? I'm interested in hearing from folks who have solutions to
storage of such oversize & heavy items.

Elizabeth Moser
Curator
Phoenix Museum of History