From:
Julie Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:49:00 -0500
Here is our vision statement, which states our core value:

"We believe that art, the creative process, is an integral part of the human
predisposition toward questing and exploring.  We intend to stimulate active
inquiry and urge a cross-cultural dialogue that embraces and celebrates the
unique spirit and diversity of our local and global communities."

Contrast that to our mission statement:

"The mission of the Indianapolis Art Center is to engage, enhance and
enlighten our communities through art education, observation and
participation."

Each program department also has a philosophy statement.  The Broad Ripple
Art Fair, our major fundraising event, has a statement of core values that
helps the artists who participate in it better understand what they can and
cannot sell at the Fair and why.  It's quite lengthy but I will be glad to
send it to you if you contact me privately.

Hope this helps.

Julia Muney Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center
820 E. 67th St.
Indianapolis, IN  46220
(317) 255-2464 x233