From:
Rose Marie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 20:40:17 -0500
Through the Intermodal Surface Transportation Enhancement
Act [ISTEA] Program, many of the Train Depots in Virginia
are being renovated for adaptive reuse to benefit the
communities in which they are located.  There have been a
variety of uses ranging from restaurants, visitor centers,
offices, museums.  If anyone wishes information regarding
these projects, they should contact:
VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION [VDOT]
BROAD STREET, RICHMOND, VIRGINIA  Phone: 1-800-444-ISTEA

This is an outstanding program that is bringing benefits to
many neglected areas of significance to our heritage.

Rose Marie Martin, Administrator
GERMANNA FOUNDATION
PO Box 693
Culpeper, VA  22701-0693
E Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Web Page:http://www.summit.net/GERMANNA/
Phone: 540-825-1496   Fax: 540-825-6572
--- On Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:59:32 -0800  Sandra Kay Gladney
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The Museum of Transportation, now a part of the St. Louis
County Park
>system, utilizes the old Barrett Station train depot.
While the bulk of
>the holdings are trains, this museum has cars, a plane, a
tugboat, and
>other vehicles on display.  The old train depot serves as
the visitors