From:
Stephen Nowlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:45:57 -0700
Peter Lamothe compressed these thoughts through the cyber-mist:

>Just a quick question, not intended to point a finger . . .
>
>Where do you all find the time

Hi, Peter -

To some degree, the answer to that question is, for me, technological.
I'm on several email lists, and probably get well in excess of
two-hundred messages per day -- maybe 85% of which I do not read.  I scan
the subject titles and read only those that interest me, and only respond
if I have the time.  Sometimes I delete in mass if I'm too busy to even
scan subjects.

This process takes very little time, because my email software filters
the messages into separate mailboxes for each list.  If it were not for
this filtering ability, visually sorting the wanted-list-messages from
the unwanted-list-messages from the personal-email would be way too time
consuming.

Stephen

     S t e p h e n    N o w l i n       Director, Williamson Gallery

     Vice President                     Producer, Art Center Online
     Art Center College of Design       www.artcenter.edu

Museum-L" (without the quotes).