Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 22:24:26 +0900
The University Museum at the University of Tokyo is starting several new project
s that would provide excellent learning opportunities to people interested in mu
seum careers...if they are willing to volunteer their time.

The professors said that Japanese students (the nearest potential source for vol
unteers) won't go the extra mile (or kilometer, I guess) -  however, I would thi
nk that these days the value of a little experience in the field BEFORE applying
 for jobs would be recognized over here, too.  Volunteering in general is not a
common practice here, from what I understand.  Anyway, they said I could go ahea
d and ask...

So, I know that at least one or two other people over here read this list - I we
lcome your suggestions as to where else to post my request (through Niftyserve,
etc.).  And if you are interested in volunteering, please contact me for further
 information at:

Tim Campbell
Visiting Researcher
The Universtiy Museum