From:
"Ginger M. Young" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:33:34 EDT
Rebecca:

I am finishing up my MA in Museum Science right now.  I am attending Texas
Tech University in Lubbock, TX.  It is a 2 yr. program... and is basically a
generalist program.  What I mean by that is that it tries to work in a little
bit of everything in order to give you, the student, a chance to figure out
what part of the museum world you like best.  Then you can make the program
what you want.  You get a chance to work in the museum and you can basically
work where you would like to, if they have a place open.  We do have a very
good anthro. / archaeo. department as well as the Lubbock Lake Landmark which
is a site headed up by the anthro curator, Dr. Eileen Johnson (she is the
director of the LLL).

I know this is just a brief description.. you could have more info sent to you
by calling 806-747-4592 and asking for Linda Lamb.  She is the secretary for
the Director of the program and museum (Gary Edson).  They should have some
sort of packet to send out.  You can tell Linda that you spoke w/ me via
email... and if you'd like to talk to me more she may give you my phone
number.

I hope this helps you in your search!  Good luck!  and don't forget to take
the dreaded GRE.  :(   Feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] if you have
other questions!

Sincerely,
  Ginger M. Young