Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:18:16 -0400
Alongwith transportation rental fees and museum admission, be sure to
calculate extra insurance costs if any and cost of staff time for planning,
implementing, and accompanying attendees on the trip.  Take into
consideration any advertising fees, printing, postage, etc. that was
involved in marketing the trip. Also, add extra so that the trip can serve
as a source of revenue.  Calculate the minimum number of attendees you need
to cover your costs or to reach your revenue goal and cancel the event if
you don't make that number.  Trips are a nice perq for members, but should
not lose money for your institution.

Tamara Hemmerlein
Executive Director
Montgomery County Historical Society