From:
Keni Sturgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 13:04:42 -0700
Hi.

I don't know if this helps, but the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum's
Center for Chesapeake Studies oversees the curatorial, education and
exhibit departments, as well as the museum's working boat yard.
Basically, those areas that directly involve public interpretation.  You
might contact someone from there. (www.cbmm.org).

On a slightly different track, I've been researching museum studies
program course offerings and have noticed that many courses that used
to be "museum education" have been renamed.  I've seen "museum
education" "museum interpretation" "museum communication and public
programs" and "museum interpretation and communication."  I'm
wondering what we all see as the difference in these terms (definition,
scope, target, etc.):  Education, Public Programs, Communication and
Interpretation?

Thanks,

Keni Sturgeon
Jensen Arctic Museum