From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:51:19 -0700
Well, I am not sure whether you would consider this as a novelty, but it did get attention, particularly from younger children.

In 1983, I created a chick-hatching [and, occasionally, duckling-hatching] exhibit for Pittsburgh's original Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science. It quickly became one of the most popular exhibits in the building, particularly for young children. Seeing, feeding, petting, and holding the young birds was a way to get children interested in, and learn a little more about, the Life Sciences.

You can read more about this exhibit at this link:
< http://buhlplanetarium4.tripod.com/biocorner/historybiocorner.html >

gaw

Glenn A. Walsh, Project Director,
Friends of the Zeiss < http://friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail - < [log in to unmask] >
SPACE & SCIENCE NEWS, ASTRONOMICAL CALENDAR:
  < http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/#news >
Author of History Web Sites on the Internet --
* Buhl Planetarium, Pittsburgh:
  < http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com >
* Adler Planetarium, Chicago:
  < http://adlerplanetarium.tripod.com >
* Astronomer, Educator, Optician John A. Brashear:
  < http://johnbrashear.tripod.com >
* Andrew Carnegie & Carnegie Libraries:
  < http://andrewcarnegie.tripod.com >
* Duquesne Incline cable-car railway, Pittsburgh:
  < http://incline.pghfree.net >
* Public Transit:
  < http://andrewcarnegie2.tripod.com/transit >