Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 12:06:36 EST
   I know, NYC is so sparkly nowadays...hard to believe even Times Square
   is looking spiffy.  Please walk through Central Park,  on a fine day
   there is no better setting for seeing how people loosen up and enjoy
   the fabrication of a natural setting.  But, and this is *very*
   important...do *not* eat the pretzels. %)

   And if you want to make an intellectual exercise of it, read The Park
   and the People by Jay Rozensweig and a co-author whose name I forget.
   An amazing story of focus, genius, and good fortune in Olmstead's work
   on the Park, kind of analagous to Roebling and the Brooklyn Bridge.

   Eric Siegel