From:
Jenny Yearous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:22:05 -0400
> Subject: Re: Position Announcement & Politics
> Date: Saturday, June 26, 1999 9:40 PM
>
> I agree -- this is either a place to seek employees & employment, or it
is not.  There are far too many job postings being broadcast simply to
fulfill some "national search" policy, when the openings really aren't that
"open."

I would like to respond as someone who recently posted a job announcement.
Ours is real, we don't have someone secretly in mind for the position. We
are not fulfilling some "national search policy" that was done by other
means. I posted the announcement to broaden our exposure. It is hard to find
qualified museum people in North Dakota, so we need to search nationally.
Those of you are truly looking for work, keep smaller states, cities and
museums in mind. We do have a lot to offer and we need well trained,
qualified people to work here. Check out the announcement in the Archives
for the Exhibits Curator.

Jenny Yearous
Curator of Collections Management
State Historical Society of North Dakota

North Dakota Heritage Center phone (701) 328-2666
612 E. Boulevard Avenue   fax   (701) 328-3710
Bismarck, ND 58505-0830         [log in to unmask]

01/01/2001 The REAL start of the new millenium

Museum-L" (without the quotes).