From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:38:42 -0500
I sure hope this does not get me into trouble again, but I must admit that
when I see an ad for a position at an institution with some kind of focus
on Africa, African-American music, art, culture, history, etc., I simply
assume they are looking for African-American candidates and that I as an
Anglo, would not be considered for the position.  Therefore, I do not
apply.  Is this such an outlandish assumption?

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum
100 East Cedar