From:
David Bingell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:05:07 -0800
I'm developing the database (via PastPerfect) for a
tribe (no details, please).  We are beginning to
receive NAGPRA related items and have many items in
our collections that simply shouldn't be viewed by the
general public.  We are arranging a tribal members
only storage facility for these items.  Well, to make
a long story short, as the collections manager, I need
to accurately account for the physical location and
condition of these objects -- but to use some of the
words associated with these objects is a bit
counter-intuitive to me.  The words are considered
sacred, and to speak them or use them out of context
would be inappropriate.  Do we sanctify our computers,
or what?  Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
David