From:
Craig Sturgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 07:49:44 -0500
Hi all,

I am brand new to this list.  I am home genealogist and software developer.
 I have developed a genealogical, historical and genetic management for
Windows.  I have tried to create a system to track not only genealogy but
history.  In producing a data model for such a system I noticed that the
system should include uses for historians, librarians, museum curators and
others.  After all I am tracking history.

If I run a small local museum, I'd like to track all my artifacts (i.e.
location and other related data), but what about the history behind each
item, the relationship between items, the people who owned them and the
relationships of the people.  Now we'd be tracking history.

Has anyone thought about these ideas.  I do not have the knowledge of how
museums track their data (i.e. what they track and how).  I'd like to hear
from those who are in the know.

Craig