From:
Adrienne Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:05:05 -0230
Hi everyone.

I need a bit of help here...I am currently starting up, with a lot of
help, a newsletter for the archaeology unit at my university, where I am a
Grad student.  I do a fair amount of volunteer work for experience btu I
was wondering if a few of you wouldn't mind giving me soem quotes about
the benefits of volunteer work for experience, and for when it comes to
hiring practices.  or even, if anyone can suggest what type of volunteer
work is better for anyone who wants a career in museum, galleries, the
public heritage sector.

any ideas, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  myself
and the co-editor want to use this newsletter as a means to combat all the
negativity within the unit aobut finding jobs and the pessimissm that
seems to be growing when anyone talks about the future.  whether or not it
will work, who knows, but at elast we're hoping to lift the sprits just a
bit.

Thanks in advance
Adrienne Roberts

*************************************