From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:00:08 -0700
--- Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Either way, document, document, document.  Do not ignore them and hope they
> will go away or not document them because they embarrass or upset you.  You
> will need to record them the same way we do with morgue, murder and other
> crime photographs because they are a part of the record.  Unpleasant but
> still a part of it.

If it's child porn or pedophilia, I'd turn them over to the FBI. If I saw those
as a teacher or other professional that worked with children, I'd be legally
bound to do so, even if the guy is long dead.

The main suspect might be long dead, but his victims might still be alive and
know of others who could be charged in this crime. With all this coming to
light, it also might help the vindicate the victims, especially if they tried
to confront this man years ago and were ignored or punished because of it. Of
course, it might backfire and they could say thank you for reopening old wounds
but that's not your problem.

Personally, I don't care how well-respected someone was or how long they have
been dead. Child molesters should be exposed if nothing else to serve as an
example for other potential child molesters out there. If a someone comes
forward as a child molester, does his/her time and get therapy with the
appropriate medication and continuing counseling, then I'm all for live and let
live. But 70-80 slides with notations is defintely NOT from someone who sought
to get help or feels remorse for what he did. Destroying the slides or ignoring
it will just make it easier for the next person to get away with it.

Think if it this way, if you saw a picture of your child in those slides, what
would you do?

Deb