From:
Brenda Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:18:04 -0500
Candace,

I agree with Barbara O'Brien.  At Baker University, we have a student's brown silk wedding dress.  It  has a cute little bustle, gold buttons that have a woman with a parasol on them.  The waist is so small, I couldn't get more than my.... Never mind, we won't go there.  Anyway, the label states that wedding dresses were often brown or magenta so that they could be worn to church, etc.

Brenda Day

Director/Baker University