From:
Linda Tanaka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 11:24:00 PST
>Looking for information on museums which sponsor programs geared for
>at-risk students, targeting them as possible future museum
>professionals.

Allyn;
I'm not sure what at-risk students really means in the US but I know of some
high schools who use placements in museums in Vancouver and throughout
Canada to introduce unusual employment opportunities to that age group. In
addition, the University of British Columbia has an Aboriginal Internship
program which trains native peoples to manage their own museums. I'm not
sure if they are considered at-risk people because I'm not sure if they are
required to have BA's in a related discipline or not. The contact person
would be Pam Brown at UBC or Roberta Kremer at the Royal British Columbia
Museum. If this is the info you are looking for I will have them contact
you. I don't know their e-mail addresses at the moment.

PS: I wanted your e-mail address again to thank you for taking the time to
type a whole letter with the faxed material that you sent me. I will do this
publicly...THANK YOU.

Sincerely
Linda Tanaka
Vancouver Museum