From:
Steve Eichner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:52:00 -0500
 3. How many people do you accommodate in one night? Do you offer any
> > food - such as dinner, snack, breakfast?
> Any number of persons between 20 and 100 can be accommodated! It
> depends on the group, the age and the theme they require. We offer a
> light supper at 6pm, cold drinks at 9pm, a midnight feast (sweets,
> hot or cold drinks, cake, potato chips and all the goodies children
> LOVE!!!

Sweets should be administered with great caution- they tend to energize
children and, served at midnight, may serve to create a little too much
energy. Additionally, caution should be taken to avoid all products with
nuts. There appears to be a trend upward in the number of children who
are violently allergic to nut meats and oils- so much so that
purveyors of snacks and cereals- (Kellogg, Little Debbie, etc (US-based
brands) have begun adding announcements on their product labels.

> > PS:  Do you go to any conferences about education or overnights
> > specific to science/natural history museums?  I have been looking for
> > organizations that are specific to education/overnight/natural history
> > museums, but have yet to find any....

The Association of Science-Technology Centers is an international network
of over 400 science centers and museums. The annual conference is held
in October and, in 1999, will be in Tampa, Florida, USA. ASTC's bimonthly
newsletter is distributed to all members and subscribers on a regular
basis and ASTC maintains at web page at http://www.astc.org.

ISEN-ASTC-L is the Association's free listserv. With over 500 current
members, it is a vibrant community that exists as an environment to
discuss informal science education. To subscribe, send an email

[log in to unmask] and put
SUBSCRIBE ISEN-ASTC-L your name
in the BODY of the message.

Computer system support for the list is generously provided by
L-Soft International, the same firm that provides Museum-L's
environment.

Steven Eichner, Research Analyst and List Manager
Association of Science-Technology Centers Inc., Washington, DC
email: [log in to unmask]; web: http://www.astc.org
ph: 202/783-7200x130; fax: 202/783-7207