From:
Caroline Walters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 16:36:47 -0400
Here's my two cents based upon 10 years of volunteering at the North Carolina Museum of Art.  We do not charge for admission to the regular collection, but special exhibitions admissions are charged.  They are relatively cheap at $7.50 for adult, $5.50 for students, and of course
members are free (The base membership for the museum is $35 and there are family memberships for two adults and any number of children and even a cheap student membership).

What is interesting about our museum is that groups of 10 or more (either school groups, church groups or just a group of friends) can make prior arrangements for a guided tour and their tickets are free (i.e. they pay nothing for entrance or the docent).  Also Friday nights the
special exhibitions are free - but tickets are first come first serve and have timed entrances to avoid huge crowds and fire hazards in the exhibition space.

Caroline Walters