From:
Roy Hemmat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:50:43 -0800
Well ... I've just gotten done wading through the torrent of mail re: the
Creation/Evolution confab. Such a heated topic, with passionate points of
view to be found all around.

Unfortunately ... I failed to find an answer to my original question, which
was I'll admit, buried at the tail end of the New York Times article I
humbly submitted to "el groupe".

My question was ... and still is ... "does anyone have any good examples of
museums that have either exhibits or educational programs that clearly and
effectively communicate the process by which evolution takes place"

Something on the order of "this is how atoms interact ... this is how
molecules interact ... then on to organic molecules ... the structure of
DNA ... the action of RNA ... the translation to proteins ... etc, etc.
ultimately ending at the dynamics of population groups, perhaps. Mixed with
a healthy dose of mutational effectors perhaps. I don't know, I'm just
brainstorming here.

Wondering if an educational model such as this exists in any of our world's
many fine museological establishments. If not ... what a shame!

Roy Hemmat
http://museumstuff.com - 1000's of museum related links