Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:22:46 -0700
Who knows what is going on in your supervisor's head
or why she is doing what she does.
I had the same situation in a small historic home
museum back home.
What I learned from my experience is that her behavior
is not a reflection on you. Knowing that she will
probably continue with this behavior will keep it from
rattling you too much. It's not a surprise when she
does this. It has everything to do with her and does
not reflect on you as long as you are doing your job
to the best of your ability.
If I were to say anything, it would be to ask her if
there is anything she wants you to improve on. That
way, you can talk to her in a way that won't provoke a
confrontation. Maybe she is feeling 'left out.' Who
knows.
My advice is to let her be who she is and in spite of
that, enjoy what you are doing at work.
Cynthia DuBois