From:
Peter van Mensch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:18:18 +0100
On March 27 Marc Pence wrote

>Does anyone know if a Code of Ethics or a Code of Professional Conduct has
>been written for museum educators?  We have copies of the policies for
>curators,  registrars, conservators, and directors, and I have seen
>articles discussing the issue of ethics for educators.  But I have yet to
>find a specific policy for museum educators.

A 'Professional Standards for Museum Educators' was published by the AAM
Standing Professional Committee on Education in the Journal of Museum
Education 14, 1989, (3): 11-13.

Peter van Mensch
lecturer of theoretical museology and museum ethics
Reinwardt Academie
Dapperstraat 315
1093 BS Amsterdam

e-mail [log in to unmask]