From:
Erica Jakubowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:50:47 EDT
First of all I didn't want to mislead people about my job much less others in
the museum world.  A starting salary varies based on what part of the country
you live in.  There are many websites that list compensation based on job and
geography.  The addresses escape me right now.  A starting salary in the
museum world is anywhere from $15,000 to $25,000. I understanding that a
starting salary is usually not substancial and I accept that.  I find issue in
the fact that people that have been in this profession for a substancial
amount of time are rarely financially compensated for their work. I accept my
starting salary as a starting salary...but I can't accept this for ones salary
for many years to come.  I didn't want to upset anyone by saying that we
deserve more without earning it but than when deserved, reward.