From:
"Mahoney, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:08:44 -0400
Gosh -- you are the second person that liked the Thistle Kensington
Palace.  I stayed there in March 2003.  The room was incredibly small,
the comforter was stained, the floor creaked and the bathroom was
disgusting.  The walls were also paper thin.  We had the pleasure of
being next to a bunch of college kids on spring break that kept us up
all night.  I've lived in London and visited there twice in recent
years, so my expectations were not high.  However, this so-called 4-star
hotel was way below even my lowest of expectations.  I booked through
British Airways who have since removed this hotel from their reservation
list because of so many complaints.  I have read that the hotel is
slowly being renovated, so perhaps you were fortunate to be in a
renovated room and I was not.

Laura