From:
Jenny Benjamin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:57:19 -0700
The Museum of Vision is also digitizing its collection (artifats, archives
and rare books).  The equipment we use:
Sony Mavica CD300 (digital camera that stores directly to CD-ROM)
UMAX Power Look Scanner
RE:Discovery Software (both the collections and archives modules)

I highly recommend the camera and the scanner.  They do a great job and were
relatively cheap for higher-end equipment.  The bonus with the scanner is
that I can create high-resolution images for our exhibit posters without any
difficulty.  Re:Discovery has also served our needs.  In my last position I
used CuadraSTAR and find both software packages to be adequate although not
stellar (this is mostly because I find their interfaces to be difficult and
not at all intuitive).

We're practically neighbors, so give me a buzz if you want to get all the
gory details about our process!

-Jenny

--
Jenny E. Benjamin, MA