From:
Mark Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 16:10:01 GMT
I have attempted to create a nice hypertext database - with text files and
PCX graphic files - using Hygen from MaxThink Corporation. They are in San
Fran, CA and the software is shareware - and a nice CDROM of 500 M example
files should be ready soon, so the author Neil Larsen told me Wed of this
week ($70). It is only for DOS machines, and only uses the arrow keys and
enter key, sorry mouse users, but it is lightening quick and dirt cheap.

Might want to give it a try, since you can start by importing a few WP
documents into text format and presto- you have a simple demo running with
it!

david franklin ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: A curator at my museum saw me building some
: simple hypertext files for the WWW and
: wants to use this( or a similarly easy to
: impliment) approach to make a small
: database to go with a forthcoming exhibition
: (on holograms).
:
: Would a kind soul please let me know what software
: I would need to get (for PC or Apple)
: (and ideally where in the UK to get it) to
: provide a bullet proof 'browser' for this.
: It would need to be for public use in the gallery.
: Preferably with only a mouse not keyboard.

: --
: Bradford
: England
: 0274 727488 ext.244

--
Mark K. Friedman    "The fights are so    ***********************************
Tidewater, VA       vicious because       **  Internet:  [log in to unmask]   **