From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:40:27 -0400
We (The Morton Arboretum) are planning now for a grand opening of a new
Visitor Center in about a year. I'm looking for ideas on celebratory
activities we might hold and suggestions from the group on what you've done
that's been successful.

Any opening event ideas for activities held in conjunction with a new
building or a blockbuster exhibition are welcome.

Please let me know if you held a "soft" opening first and how it did or did
not meet your expectations.

If you held events targeting different audience groups, I'd like to hear
about that as well.

Off list responses can be sent to:

Diane Gutenkauf
Manager, Interpretation and Exhibits