From:
"m.mcpharlin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:13:38 -0000
It's very easy for Americans to say that their own government is run by and
for the people, unlike other more totalitarian or 'zealot' states, as you
call them, especially today.

However, it seems to me, and many other people living in 'less civilized'
countries around the world, as your remark seems to indicate, that much of
American politics is directly influenced by highly conservative or 'zealot'
organisations that do not have the average person's interests at heart.

As for saying that Mr. Fink's opinions or remarks were inappropriate, I have
to say I find stating that the constitution should protect the rights of the
unborn, that embryos are 'god's children' and that other countries are more
'zealot'-like ( and, therefore, potentially less civilised) than the United
States, are highly 'inappropriate' remarks as well and one's that I find to
be 'zealot'-like and potentially verging on the offensive to other people on
this list.