From:
Doug Lantry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 09:51:19 -0500
I think the "emotional experience" notion (R. Wells, 2-21) and the
"suspension of disbelief" notion (G.Scheib, 2-21) are probably right --
better than thinking of exhibits as entertainment.

So could we say that empathy is a goal of historical exhibits, leading to
the sort of cognitive dissonance that results in learning?

Doug Lantry
University of Delaware