From:
Allan Mccollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 05:04:39 EST
In a message dated 4/3/02 10:24:20 PM,
[log in to unmask] writes:

  <<  It is the poorest of "netiquette" to send
  <<  messages, especially to heavy volume
  <<  lists, without a subject. I get hundreds
  <<  of messages a day from several lists. . .  >>

So do I, I also subscribe to many lists. But when a Museum-L member DARES to
inconvenience a few of the other members by not always adhering to THEIR
brand of netiquette and THEIR little pet-peeves and bugaboos, Museum-L is BAR
NONE the most mean-spirited,  nit-pickiest, sourest, shaming and blaming list
of those I subscribe to.

Most lists stick to the subject and content of the discussions, rather than
obsessively heaping humiliation on those poor souls who make such
earthshaking errors as forgetting to enter a "subject" in the subject line or
other such picayune matters.

Personally, I find that weeding my way through all this childish bickering is
a much bigger pain in the neck than occasionally having to open up a posting
to see what the "subject" is.

Thank goodness for the many members who here have compassion towards their
fellows and a SENSE OF PROPORTION!!

Allan
Allan McCollum
63 Greene Street, #308
New York, NY 10012
Email: <A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
Website: <A HREF="http://home.att.net/~allanmcnyc">
http://home.att.net/~allanmcnyc</A>