From:
MARK FOWLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 11:40:19 -0700
Karl,

There are several ways to show a video as part of an exhibit.  As you
mentioned you can digitize the material and put it on a PC.  Doing it
this way first requires a PC and secondly requires a special program and
hardware to integrate it into an exhibit (all possible).  Some of the
draw-backs to this approach are limiting the image to 1/4 of the screen
for regular AVI type video or getting a MPEG I or II video board (for
full screen) and the use of a highend PC.

DVDs promise some great features and possibilities but you would be
exploring new territory with this approach at this time.

The current and most "mature" approach is to use Videodisk player.  The
video material is digitized and placed on a videodisk the various
segments or clips can be selected and  played by the videodisk player.

We just finished a project with Southwest Museum Services (Houston, TX)
that did just that.  We provided a contoller that would take input from
one of seven pushbuttons, illuminate a fiberoptic portion of a map, and
trigger the corresponding video segment.

If you would like to get more information on this give me a call at
(800) 417-9060 or Thomas Arena @ Southwest Museum Services (713)
690-7787 (I don't think he'll be back to his office until next Tuesday).

* INNOVA Applied Technology          *
* 2701 St. Louis Ave. Suite C        *
* Long Beach, CA 90806               *
* Email: [log in to unmask]     *