From:
Harry Klinkhamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:55:33 -0500
Erin and Others,

When I was at the Illinois State Historical Society, we had a lifetime
membership category.  We did not have an age restriction but the cost was
equivalent to 25 years of annual membership dues at the current rate, and
that is the key.  The benefit is that it's a nice large lump some of cash
for endowment, etc. where you can try and use the interest as membership
income.  However, they are still paying the price for those who became
lifetime members 40 years ago and paid something like $10 for it.  We were
obviously losing money on those people.

Harry Klinkhamer

Harry Klinkhamer
Program Officer