From:
"Dr M.H. Evans" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 18:06:00 GMT
An update of our list of maritime and naval museums in Britain and
Ireland has now been uploaded to the same site as before.  The new
version lists about 220 museums, with an appendix of about 290
historic vessels (mostly boats within museum collections). The full
file, which has about 3650 lines and takes over 60 pages to print out,
is at the same URL as before:

http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists-f-j/history-sources/files/maritime-museums

Anyone who wishes to read/download only a section of the whole list,
should use the HTML index at:

http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists-f-j/history-sources/files/mar-museums.html

One can also retrieve the whole file, or any of the parts, by
anonymous ftp from this address:

                ftp ftp.mailbase.ac.uk
    directory:  /pub/lists-f-j/history-sources/files

The full file is called maritime-museums. There are also the 10 part
files there, covering 8 geographical regions of the british
archipelago as well as an Introduction and list of vessels. These
files are named from: a_intro.mar  ... to ... j_ships.mar

All these files may be downloaded and copied freely for educational,
individual and non-profit purposes. We reserve the copyright for any
commercial uses. No guarantees whatever are given about accuracy of
any information in these files. Please inform us of any errors,
omissions or desirable changes.

Again we would like to thank Dr Glen Segell of the Center for Defence
Studies at Kings College London and the London School of Economics,
for kindly arranging for these files to be uploaded to Mailbase.
Martin H Evans [log in to unmask]       Janet West [log in to unmask]
   111 High Street, Linton,            Scott Polar Research Institute
   Cambridgeshire CB1 6JT, UK          University of Cambridge,
                                       Lensfield Road,
   Tel: +44 (0)1223 891469             Cambridge CB2 1ER,  UK