From:
"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:22:09 -0600
One of the strongest arguments against your doing appraisals is that  it
casts a shadow of suspicion on both you and the donor.  One might suspect
that you are offering higher than market value to entice the donor to make
the gift (and the who is suspicious might be the I.R.S.).

------
Robert Handy
Brazoria County Historical Museum
100 East Cedar