From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:48:58 -0400
A high fee for each kid could potentially limit the schools that can come. What is the makeup of the local school district like where you are located? Are most of the schools serving the same demographics? If there is a large range in the quality of the schools, their budgets and the demongraphics, you could very well outprice one school in the district while another could easily afford budget money (or parental money) to send kids on these trips.

I fear an inner city school may not be able to make the trip while another school within the same district but serving a more upper class student body could more easily afford the fees. You don't want only some students to have a chance to come while others probably can't. Unless you could find grant money or sponsorship to give to schools that will not  be able to afford the fees.

Just my 2 cents.

Susan Kline, M.A.