From:
Tricia Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 07:32:30 -0500
We began paying our docents a little over a year ago.  With about a
dozen museums in our area, the docent market was competitive!  All the
other museums were paying their guides, so we learned that we had to,
too, if we wanted quality people.  We now have a strong, committed,
competent corps of docents.

Tricia Edwards, Education Manager
Delaware Museum of Natural History
(302)658-9111 x 324