From:
Adrienne DeAngelis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:07:00 -0700
  You can call the Job Accommodation Network 800-526-7234 (which I just
did) or the Access Board (www.access-board.gov) at 800-872-2253. It
seems that as Segways came along after the ADA there is no provision for
them, but the helper at JAN didn't sound too exercised about them--it
sounds like they are likely to be considered close kin to wheelchairs
and scooters.  There are indeed provisions for historic
buildings--accomodations for the handicapped can be adjusted in order to
protect them.  This sounds to be an extrapolation of the key term
"reasonable accomodation" for the needs of the disabled.
  Violations of the ADA are handled either by one's local Human Rights
Commission or the EEOC.

  Adrienne DeAngelis
  (http://www.efn.org/~acd/resources.html)