From:
"Emily J. Van" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:44:50 -0500
This may seem like a pretty mundane question, but everyone I know that I
have asked has given me a different answer, so I'll try here.  What are your
various methods of printing catalog numbers on artifacts?  I'm coming into a
place which has used the "Let's put white out on the artifact and write on
that" method of labeling, which I don't particularly like, so I'm trying to
develop a different method.

So--

Do you use pigma pens?  India Ink and fountain pens or quills?  Acrylic ink?
How do you keep the process reversible?
Write directly on artifact? or not?
What about 25% solution of B72 in acetone?  Health hazards?  University
Products has an opaque version of this solution.  Good?  Bad?
Any other methods?  Suppliers of stuff would be helpful as well.

TIA

Emily J. Van
Anthropology/Archaeology Lab & Collections Manager
Luther College, Decorah, IA 52101        (319)387-2156
[log in to unmask]          http://www.luther.edu/~anthro