From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:44:50 -0800
Hi.  By day I normally work for Southern California Edison Company
(though I'm off sick right now). SCE has a huge volunteer army with an
emphasis on education as one of its targets.  If your group needs help
in any of its projects, you may want to contact the SCE volunteer
coordinator, Diane Emerson ([log in to unmask], 626.302.7937).  Tell her
Gayle Montgomery sent you.  I'm just next door here in Monrovia.

---Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> MESC (Museum Educators of Southern California) has registered the
domain name

> museum-ed.org
>
> We chose to register this name because  we wanted a more generic, less
> regional name for our web site.  Because our information will be of
> interest to educators everywhere, we decided that we wanted to
create a
> site that would serve the larger community, so we plan to open up
the use
> of the name to all museum educators.
>
> If you are a part of a museum educator's group, please send me
information
> about your group.  We will place that information on the web site.
If you
> have your own web site, please provide me with the url.  We will
provide
> links to your site.  If you do not have a web site, we will work
with you
> to help you set up a site and maybe even host the page for you.
>
> We will also provide information about and links to any museum
listservs
> (such as this one).
>
> We have not finalized any plans, so please tell us what you think!
>
> What we're currently thinking:
>
> www.museum-ed.org
>
> This url will lead to a general museum education site.  From here,
folks
> will be able to access information on regional museum education
sites and
> organizations.  With time, we hope to develop some unique content
for this
> area.  We also hope to strengthen ties with other national and
> international organizations.
>
> www.museum-ed.org/mesc
>
> This url will lead to information specifically about MESC. We plan to
> provide a standardized page of information about the organization
and links
> to the main web site.
>
> www.museum-ed.org/yourname
>
> This kind of url will lead to information about other museum
educator groups.

> Because MESC is involved in the new CaliforniaCulture.Net
initiative, our
> initial focus will be on California.  (However, I will add information
> about any regional organization).  I hope to "farm out" management
of other
> regions to other individuals and organizations.
>
> Please send printed materials to:
>
> Jim Angus
> Ed-Resources.Net
> 2175 East Mountain
> Pasadena, CA 91104
>
> Please indicate CLEARLY what we have the right to put on the web and
> provide a copyright statement if needed.  The sites own copyright
statement
> will make it clear that all information in copyrighted and it is up
to the
> user to verify the copyright.  We do not want to put up materials
that are
> not freely available for educational/non-commercial use.
>
> Please email me at

> Please DO NOT send material intended for inclusion on the web site to
> [log in to unmask] (I get too much email at this address and could
easily lose
> it).
>
> Any discussion on this topic should happen on the listserv
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim Angus
>

> Jim Angus
> Manager Information Technology and Web Development
> Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
> 900 Exposition Blvd.
> Los Angeles, CA  90007
>
> Technology Chair, Museum Educators of Southern California
> Technology Chair, California Association of Museums
> Executive Committee, CaliforniaCulture.Net Initiative
>
> http://www.nhm.org
>
> voice:    213/763-3317
> fax:      213/746-2999
> eMail:    [log in to unmask]
> web site  http://www.ed-resources.net
>           http://www.nhm.org/~jangus
>           http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aonghais/

> When they told me I was average, they were just being mean.

==
Indigo Nights