From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 14:18:38 +0100
Kizzy:

A good starting point is the British Library's on-line searchable
catalogue, which is very easy to use:

        http://opac97.bl.uk

The post-1975 catalogue was fully computerised from the start, and a
search of this turned up nothing on the compibed keywords for "Dante
Gabriel Rossetti" plus "Letters".

The combined collections catalogue for pre-1976 accessions is a
conversion  from older catalogues and is not necessarily so accurate, but
this turned up the full reference for what you are looking for in the
British Library Reference Collections (now at St. Pancras Road):

        P.F. Baum. Dante Gabriel Rossetti's Letters to Fanny Cornforth,
        published by Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore, 1940.

No later editions are listed so it must be out of print.  However, within
the UK it shouldn't be difficult to borrow a copy through the
Inter-Library Loans Service of your local public library - if the British
Library is too far away for you.

Re overseas collections of Rossetti: the Witt Library of the Courtauld
Institute has hundreds of thousands of records of individual works of art
searchable by artist etc.

Patrick Boylan