From:
"J. Trant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 18:47:38 -0400
I looked into a PhD in a museum-related area - I am particularly
interested in the relationship between information, information
technology, museums and our view of knowledge - and came up with a dead
end in terms of a museum studies program other than the university of
Leicester in the UK. Lynne Teather of the UofT Museum Studies MA is an
alumnus [and on this list].

The best that I could do was to put together an interdisciplinary
proposal for a university that had specific provision for people who wish
to work in those grey areas between disciplines- or in not yet recognised
disciplines. My husband did one "Graphic Design and Corporate Identity"
at Concordia University in Montreal. Interesting work, however, got in
the way of my further academic career

Good luck... I am sure we could put together a 'respectable' class from
the list if there is an institution considering offering such a course of
study ;)

jennifer

J. Trant
Manager, Imaging Initiative